Monday, May 23, 2011

Socksquatch by Frank Dormer (2010)

This book is about a monster named Socksquatch that is on a quest to find his missing sock. He roams through the castle asking his friends if they have his sock until he finally finds another sock to keep his foot warm.

I thought this book was very cute. The language and writing was simple, but in a fun way. The illustrations fit perfectly with the style of writing and added a lot to the story. I really liked how there were talking bubbles used throughout the book. I also liked how the font changed to emphasize certain parts of the book.

I think this would be the perfect fun read book for a younger elementary class. I think it would be one that would be easy to get into and to have creative voices for each character. Since it is about monsters, it would be fun to read it around halloween time.

No comments:

Post a Comment