Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Curious George and the Pizza Party by Cynthia Platt (2010)

This book is about Curious George at a pizza party. The pizza is divided into individual serving sizes, but George thinks it would be better if they made one large pizza. As he rolls out the dough, he makes quite the mess. In order to restore the dough to new, he begins to cut out unique shapes that his friends end up loving.

I enjoyed this book. I haven't read a Curious George book in a long time, so I forgot how much fun they were. I really enjoyed looking at the illustrations along with the text. I think this book is a great example of illustrations that could stand alone and you would know what the book is about.

I think this book would be good for younger elementary school grades. A great project that would go along with this book would be creating your own pizza out of construction paper. That way, students could experiment with different dough shapes and include all of the toppings they would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment