Thursday, May 26, 2011

King & King & Family by Linda de Haan and Stern Nijland (2004)

This book is about King and King taking their honeymoon. On their honeymoon, King and King see all kinds of animals and animal babies. They begin to dream of a child of their own, and end up adopting a baby girl.

I thought this book was okay. I thought it was sending a great message, but it wasn't executed in the best way. The text didn't seem to flow and the story was choppy. I also thought that the illustrations were too overpowering to the words. Although the illustrations were great, they distracted from the text and were very busy.

I could see where I would use this in my classroom. I think it would be a good book to have out in a free read book shelf. If I had a student that had a specific question about the topic, or if a student is in this type of situation, I think it would be a good idea to read this book out loud to the class. This way, we could talk about the situation with an example to refer to.

No comments:

Post a Comment