Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Perfect Father's Day- Eve Bunting (1991)

This book is about Susie throwing the best Father's Day for her dad. They take part in many events that both Susie and her Father love.

This was a very sweet book. I was humored by the activities that Susie chose as her father's favorite, when they very clearly were activities she loved to do. It reminds me of all of the times my father put up with doing silly things because he knew how much they meant to me. I also thought the illustrations complimented the quirky personality of Susie by being cartoon-like. It is fun to examine the images to see the little things that are hidden that many children would enjoy finding. The dialogue in the book helped you gain a sense of character and had defining lines that were easy to identify with the characters personality.

I don't see as much of an application of this book as I do the others. Most of Eve Bunting's books cover difficult topics and I could see utilizing those books more often. What I could see myself using this book for would be a fun read book during class. I could see a younger elementary crowd enjoying this book very much. Although I don't see as much of an application for this book, I could see it leading to good discussions about activities students like to do with their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment