Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Talent Show by Jo Hodgkinson (2010)

This book is about four friends wanting to enter a talent show. As they begin to practice, they realize they are missing a lead singer. The put out an ad to have auditions. The first one to come audition is a bird and the band laughs, saying he is too small. He comes back later in a disguise and the band thinks he would be a perfect fit. When they find out he is a bird, they realize they shouldn't have judged based on size.

I enjoyed this book. The text was a lot of fun and rhymed. It was also written in a unique way to help it flow through the pages. The illustrations were very colorful. I really liked the layout of the book and how some pages had multiple images.

I would love to use this book in my classroom. It has a great message to not judge someone by the way they look and I think that is an important lesson for all kids to know. I think this would be a very fun book to read out loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment