Thursday, June 2, 2011

Brontorina by James Howe (2010)

This book is about Brontorina, a dinosaur that dreams of being a dancer. When she goes to the local dance school, she is welcomed in but soon realizes she is too big for their dance studio. The entire studio goes on an adventure to find a studio that will fit Brontorina.

I thought this was an extremely cute book. I love to dance and that is one reason why I love this book. I also thought it was silly, but that it still had a good message. The text flowed really well and the illustrations were very cute.

I would definitely use this book in my classroom. It has a great message about doing anything you dream. I think this would be a great read out loud book. I could also see a fun lesson branching off of this book where students can figure out a silly thing for an animal to do, and how they can overcome the obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment