Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mudkin by Stephen Gammell (2011)

This is a wordless book about a girl and her imagination. After the rain, she meets Mudkin and goes off on a magical adventure to create her own kingdom.

I absolutely loved the images in this book! They were very creative and told the story without needing any words. The text that was included in the book was scattered through out and didn't make much sense to me. I think this book would have been better if there were no words in this book.

I'm not sure if I would use this book in my classroom. I think it would be a good book to have available for students to read on their own. I really enjoy the illustrations and think it could be fun to use this book to develop an art project to create an imaginary place.

No comments:

Post a Comment