Thursday, June 2, 2011

One More Acorn by Don Freeman and Roy Freeman (2010)

This book is about a squirrel finding his acorns after the winter. He lives in Washington D.C. so it is always full of people. One day while he is searching, he runs into a parade and has to be creative with finding a way home.

I thought this book was okay. The text wasn't anything exciting to me, but I thought the illustrations were great. I just went to Washington D.C. over spring break, so it was fun to pick out the monuments that were shown in the book. The illustrations also complimented the text very nicely.

If I were to use this book in my classroom, it would be for a read out loud book. I think it would be good to use this book for a social studies class because then you could talk about Washington D.C. and the students could identify the monuments within the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment